Thursday, January 08, 2009

That ain't no reason to wake me up

I woke at 9 a.m.
startled by the text message
from a girl on her death bed

it was nice she reached out to me
right before
she
died.

I got another
text message
just a few minutes later

this time
from a girl
in
high school

"don't worry she is 18"

so when I asked her for nude pics
she agreed
and offered to
take me to her
bed
whenever we got married

she told me that
she had no friends in
period 1

so i did my best
to keep her
entertained
Even though
I was half asleep

My landlord
paid me a visit
he brought with him
6 nicely addressed
envelopes

they were even stamped
I guess to make sure I could pay

He did not know
that I was under
suspicion at work

they wanted
to fire me
I think.

All because I lose checks
that I guess they can never cash
even after I put them in the drawer

I am on vacation
just for few
days

the unpaid kind
the only kind
I get
with this
job.

which just makes
me think
that
I should do that
more often
since
it appears
to be
my only
way
out.

I read Bukowski
who inspires me to write this

I listen to the man
who whistles
why he works

he was paid
to fix the rotten drywall
that the leaky roof made

I was told
new paint was
coming
and
I was told
they
were
going to fix the heat.

Just in
time
for
summer
in
Arizona

I figure
as
soon
as the place is nice

I can kiss it goodbye

Now I am just waiting
for the silver haired man
to finish
so I
can take a shit
and a shower.

so I can go to work
until midnight
assuming they don't want to fire me

Not that I want to go back to work

ain't it ironic
I have to wish to
god
that he saves me
that he allows me
to keep
the job I hate
that doesn't
pay the bills?

just so I
can go on
"faking it"
like you.

1 comment:

Freida Bee said...

It's been hard to break back into commenting here, but this inspired me to do so, the thought of faking "it."

It could be worse. They could be wanting to promote you and shit. That's what's behind your fear of success, right? To be required to wear a knit tie?

Have a nice vavay.