Monday, January 26, 2009

I report back to you: I still have nothing to say

I haven't written anything worth reading in the past week or so. I don't blame you even though I think we can assume that at least some of it is your fault. I am not one for believing in free will, nor am I one to accept responsibility for any of any (non)actions.

But you already knew that.

I am supposed to go to work in a bit, and after work I am supposed to go bowling because going bowling is the new thing I do on Mondays.

Bowling is fun and the last time I went bowling my score was near a hundred which I believe to be a perfect score. I see why "professional" bowling never had a chance.

Let me give you a prediction:
  • The economy gets worse before it gets better
  • I get laid this year

I am positive one of those predictions comes true.

At the time I decided to write this post I actually had an idea for what I was going to write and I had even decided on a "voice." As you can tell, I did not follow through on my plan, but I almost never follow through on any my "plans" so that should come as no surprise.

Maybe I will just end this piece before it devolves into me talking about your mother's inappropriate touching of you during bath time, or am I just projecting my own hopes and dreams about becoming a stepfather someday. Either way you decide I should just stop writing and go take a shower and go to work because in this economy we are supposed to be thankful for even having a job.

I guess what I meant to tell you was that I am feeling anti-social. I don't want to go bowling even though 5 dollars for midnight bowling (shoes included) is a good deal financially and is the one bit of entertainment that I can afford.

Mostly because the girl who works behind the drink counter at the bowling alley has a crush on me. She sold me a super large coke for just 50 cents. She told me I was getting the best deal of the week. I think I wrote about that already. Correct me if I did. But that drink offer was the best thing that has happened to me this year.

No comments: