Friday, January 09, 2009

I still have a job. I still have this ingrown toe nail.

I guess I just wrote the title to my newest book. I still have a job. I still have this ingrown toe nail. I got some advice from a friend at work about how to deal with my ingrown toe nail. He suggested surgery, only with out a doctor and with me grabbing a cuticle cutter and clipping away at the nail. Then I am supposed to tear out the offending bit and yank it out with tweezers. He says whenever he went to the doctor that is what they did to him, so he decided to leave the high cost of private insurance and self medicate.

I for one am too chicken shit to try that. Though I did buy some cuticle cutters.

I still have my job. About an hour in I remembered that I don't particularly enjoy the job. Standing from 3 till midnight got my toe all yellow and nasty.

I went to Card Shark's house and we drank until 6 am. We finished off a 24 pack of Miller lite and a bottle of Martini & Rossi's Asti Spumante. That stuff if yummy. You can tell the difference between a 14 dollar bottle of sweet wine and a 7 dollar bottle of Balatore.

I am dehydrated. I have to work late again. I am supposed to go play poker after work. Maybe I can win enough money to go see a doctor about my toe.

No comments: