Sunday, October 19, 2008

You've convinced me I'm fat so you can stop strategically placing all those mirrors around me

I don't know why I try to get a haircut on Sundays because all the barbers in this town take Sunday off. That means I am reduced to going to one of those super chains that offer haircuts at unreasonable prices by poorly trained high school dropouts.

Not only do I have to deal with 20 something "stylists" rather than a barber, I have to give out all kinds of personal information like address and phone number just to get a damn 15 dollar haircut. I don't think I should be paying all that money for a haircut because I am half bald and the only thing the stylist has to do is run a clipper over my head on a 2 setting and thirty seconds later she is done.

My hair is falling out again. Balding comes in waves, and I fear another wave is on the way.

The chain store hair salon has bright lights and an unforgiving mirror. I looked heavier than I have been. I am nearly 220 pounds again because I can't stop drinking soda even though I am having trouble swallowing at night and my throat hurts constantly from all the acid reflux I keep burping up.

I spent last night by myself at a college bar. I had 3 beers and sat alone at a section of the bar that was hidden from the rest of the establishment. I noticed a few times people wanted to sit down, but they were afraid to sit next to me because nobody likes to be associated with a loser.

A few weeks ago I thought I was gaining some confidence, but I think that is no longer the case.

No comments: