Tuesday, October 31, 2006

How listening to Yahoo Radio for six hours will stifle your dreams and make you lose your mind


If my name was Paolo Nutini I probably wouldn't write a song about how a new pair of shoes makes you feel "alright."

I know what you are gonna say that the King, "Elvis" Pressley wrote a song about wearing shoes and he wasn't gay. True. But Elvis wasn't about no "post-modernism either."

He wrote that in the margins of some Sparkle Hayter novel.

The king was always like that, scribbiling down important stuff on the top of Dominoes Pizza boxes while he was sitting on the John. The King just wouldn't "get" going to thrift stores to find your style.

But I am just sure I can hear Paolo Nutini's rebuttal:

Look man, I like shoes because it is like expressive. It's refreshing. You come home and change your socks throw some anti-fungus powder on your feet and it's like refreshing. Really ...really ..refreshing.

And at the end of the day this thing about the shoes, it's about Art. It is Art.I don't care how many times I have to have this conversation with you guys in the buisness.

You guys just don't get it.

Now go visit my Radio Station!

No comments: