Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I have this idea about blogging about not having ideas and how you should probablly at least have an idea when you blog

I was going through my voice mail and I found one where a very nice sounding guy was telling me that I had entered a contest to win a Lincoln Navigator and he was just calling to tell me "he had some very good news." He went on to tell me to call some chick named Michelle or something and gave me a 1-800 number to call. I deleted the message or I would print her name and number on the Internet for people to harass her.

I know the guy is lying because I can't remember ever signing up for a contest to win a Lincoln Navigator and I always remember which contests I enter because I write down every contest I enter and check on the outcomes of the contests by sending postcards to the the address that promises to send you the names and addresses of the actual winners of the contest who never happen to be me.

One day I will take the list of names and addresses and a gun and do a little of what I like to call "god's work" on those folks who probably think to themselves that they are lucky and god is shining down on them. What they don't know is that god is simply preparing them for a test and that test comes with a 9mm and a pretty good aim. I was born is Texas Y'all.

Even if I thought I actually won a Lincoln Navigator I would not call that 1-800 number. With gas prices near 4 dollars and soon 5 I can't afford two cars, much less the 200 dollars it would take to fill up Ford's soccer mom station wagon on steroids.

None of this has anything to do with a new theory I am working on about how I should not be blogging about my inability to blog, but I wanted to let you know what goes down in the Romius T household on a daily basis.

Also, I can't remember exactly what I was going to say so instead I will just suggest you go and listen to a podcast from This American Life that covers everything you need to know about the Home mortgage crisis. I found it highly informative. Much more informative than the prank winning navigator calls I get left for me on my voice mail, and more informative than this messy post on stuff you aren't supposed to do anymore that never gets around to the thesis.

No comments: