Thursday, December 31, 2009

It's your last post of 2009, Charlie Brown

On the internet there is a report about oil prices.  Oil has reached 79 dollars a barrel. It must be true.  I read it on the Drudge Report.

I am stuffed.  My belly is full of Mexican Rice, refried beans, tostadas, tacos.  The tacos were full of beef, lettuce, onions, and cheese.

I must have had 4 of them and now I am so full I can cannot concentrate on the news that oil prices are spiking again.  I am sure some trader at Wells Fargo is laughing his ass off at me.

I hear the noises my stomach makes.  My stomach makes the creaks and groans of a piñata right before it bursts, unloading its gifts of candy and cheap toys.

Only my stomach is full of tamales and cupcakes. 

After it breaks open it rains buckets of decaffeinated tea down on the children.  Soaking them like the dirty whores that appear in German watersport videos.

It is the last day of 2009.

I am so happy to see it go.  I will look back at this year and it will depress me to remember any of it, except that on the last day possible I read the quote of the year, "This cockroach-like existence is cumulatively intolerable even though on any given night it is perfectly manageable."

Wanna get depressed?  Go read the story.

No comments: