Thursday, April 14, 2005

Unique Cover Letter

Over at the Tao of Cheese they have a rather unique resume cover letter. It is guaranteed to get you noticed or at least few days in jail.

One of the most difficult items to enclose with a resume is the cover letter. This serves as an introduction and states the the case why you should be hired for the applied job.Most people will tell you that a cover letter needs to be polite and professional. They will also tell you that is of the utmost import to not stretch the truth. However, this does not work in practice. I have decided upon an entirely different approach.

Dear Sir/Madam,It has come to my attention that you are recruiting for a [insert job title here] position. Not only am I perfect for this position, but if you do not get me hired, I shall be forced to follow you home and kill your dog. Look, bitch, neither you nor I have the damned time to pussy foot around with the niceties, so either you make with the hiring or I make with the breaking of legs.Your future employee,[insert name here] America - Fuck Yeah!

With a cover letter like this, what HR person wouldn't be interested?

http://tao-de-cheese.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Romius T. said...

Thanks, Hamel, I consider it my duty to bring the world a step closer to truth everyday!