Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Friends don't let friends drive drunk!

But once those friends have, a friend then spends all night "coaching" said individual on all the intricacies of a few days in Sheriff Joe's Tent City.

One might think that my time of 4 years as a law library assistant and clerk at a superior court would provide me with a bit more knowledge that the average "Joe" (pun intended) and you might be right. Here is a post on a visit I paid to Uncle Joe's.

http://bathosforthemisanthropic.blogspot.com/2004/11/my-visit-with-uncle-joes.html

You might also think that a few dozen friends who are attorneys would provide a bit extra punch to my counseling skills. Or it could be my world class internet surfing skills that provide me an inside scoop into the world of Jailarity.

If you thought it was any of those things, you would be wrong. It just happens to be that I have spent plenty of time in visiting the inside of the YARD thanks to a former tendency to combine 2 of my favorite past times. Drinking and Driving.

Few of us would argue that either drinking or driving when carefully seperated aren't fun. And a few crazies (60% of the population) said "it's like adding peanut butter and chocolate, what could go wrong?" Jail however is no Recees Peieces.





No comments: